Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Why I do, what I do.



Today, a lady I was networking with asked me to send her an email and explain why my services are different than the other agencies that offer similar services.
At first, I was going to direct her to my website; after all, it has a " why chose Errands & More button". She could find out about me there. Good enough, right? But something told me to elaborate as to why I do what I do.
I didn't really realize that reaching down to the core of what I feel inside is difficult to put into words. But after a bit of soul searching, this is what I came up with:
In answer to your question, 'Why am I different?', here you go!
When I interview a client, I look at the entire picture: mind, body, and soul. I believe that a balance in this area of life is essential in order to age well.
I address what their immediate needs are (transportation, companionship, errands, etc.) and as I spend time with them, I am able to observe other areas of their lives allowing me opportunities to make suggestions for healthy eating, exercise, and diet.
I may suggest doing things that nourish their souls, such as (if the client is mobile, and desires to do so) introducing them to areas in their community where they can participate in, such as reading books to children at the boys and girls club or local libraries, or helping them find a sense of purpose that so many others have lost.
Whenever I have time with them, I plan to help keep their brains active and alert with music and stories.
I plan to advocate for them when they need household repairs, auto repairs, or home maintenance. I will take measures to ensure they are not taken advantage of.
Here are some of the many reasons I am different, but by far the biggest reason is my desire to make a difference. My wish is to keep my clients at home, thriving and feeling fabulous for as long as possible. I want to help them feel needed, confident and purposeful again. Depending on the individual personalities of each client, it may be harder to achieve this with some rather than others, but with the gentle and loving nature of myself and this company, we will do our best. Our seniors deserve nothing less.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Solutions for Seniors and Their Families.

Did you know that 1/4 Americans age 65 + fall every year? Some of the Contributing Factors to falls are: ·...